Sunday, May 31, 2009

My posts seem to reflect more on my past today I want to reflect on this day. Today. This Moment
Today I went to the MOMA museum to see Kentridge with my friend. Amazing show
full of beautiful images and strong political statments. I related to the show of
Gogols abusrd plays, the nose for instance. The absurdity of life. Laugh at life it's all just a play...
Drove to pick up my friend C it was her birthday present. So sad to see her go farther and farther downward with her boyfriend. He drinks and more stuff surronds her in the apartment. We are talking mountains of stuff along with 2 cats. The place smells horrible and she no longer invites people in.
I want or I try to accept her where she is, I repeat words such as "I don't have to fix her." This is the gift I get is to detach with love from her. But I feel like I am betraying her if I dont say anthing.
It is so damn hard for me to try and not fix someone especially C I care about her.
But I think it is best for me to work on myself first.
God grant me to serenity to accept the things I can not change and the courage to change the things I can.
" When I admit I am powerless I make room for the possibility that a Power greater than myself can do all those things that are beyond my reach. In other words I begin to learn about what is and is not, my responsiblity. As this becomes clear, I am better able to do my part, for myself and for others, and better able to ask God to do the rest." Courage to Change
Gratitude for Today
1. HP has a plan for me
2. I have a program to guide me, it will never aboden me
3. Got a chance to sing at the Center today-Let there be peace on Earth
4. Went to the museum and expereince profound work
5. Laughed with a friend
6. Ate a great meal with my husband
7. Enjoyed my garden

"We canot tell what may happen to us in the strange malady of life. But we can decide what happens in us-how we can take it, what we do with it-and that is what really counts in the end.
Joseph Fort Newton

3.

No comments:

Annie

Annie