Thursday, May 28, 2009

Detachment

Great day today working outside shooting motorcycle footage. The morning began great then a little altercation began. I stepped back and let it unfold and didn't try to fix it. The two parties got involved and I sat and listened. Never offered advice,
didn't feel bad that I couldn't solve it, and it all worked out just fine without my help. It was none of my business, I was just and observer. This is really the program working for me. In the past I would have tried to work it out and felt sad that I couldn't...guilty and sad
Amazing I even can say that I have feelings because I had shut them down so far inside they had drowned. Drowned in anxiety attacks.
But today I did have feelings and they didn't have to be involved in a problem instead I could take care of myself.
The motorcycles raced by and I stayed in the moment taping the event. It was a great day, the hills were green from rains.
"I was convinced that I had to take care of everything and everybody- I had no choice. But with the help of Alanon I have learned that, while I do have responsibilities there are also many things I do not have to do:" Courage to Change
Gratitude
1. HP was with me all day and night, night and day
2. The Alanon program is always there for me
3. My husband and I had some nice moments together
4. The videotaping went great the footage looks fantastic
5. Nice to get out of town the fog has been thick lately
6. Fun to laugh about the craziness of life

Nothing can bring you peace but Yourself
Emerson

No comments:

Annie

Annie