Friday, May 1, 2009

Surgery Taking Care of Myself

Just for today I will turn it over to HP
My surgery went well today although I almost fainted. I tried to communicate with the nurses and the doctors. It really helps me to take care of myself. I am learning out to take care of myself. I did get the financial problems taken care of though.
Difficult for me I want others to help me but I choose to ask the people who cant show up for me like my mother. This is hard on me I want them to call me after surgery and show up for me, they cant. I am going to the hardware store to buy milk.
I feel rejected again like my mother does to me and has done to me my entire life.
It is a sick cycle I recreate and it hurts me still. I do want to stay out of self pity though and get on with the healing aspects of Alanon.

"It takes a firm committment to make our own well being a priority. In the past, some of us neglected to care for ourselves because we were waiting for someone else to take care of us. And some of us were so concerned with anothers persons well being that we failed to attend to our own."
"First Things First"
Grateful
1. HP has a plan for me and will not let me down
2. Alanon program has givne me strength and support to examine my life
3. surgery went well for me today
4. My husband showed up for me the best he could picked me up and waited for me at the hospital
5. Took care of myself and arranged all the bills before the surgery
6. Learning more and more about my inner life it is freeing
7. Enjoy my home and the cozy bed I made for us to sleep in

No comments:

Annie

Annie