Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Not loving the spin I am in

I love the blog community it has stretched my program. Tonight I was starting to spin with an event that happened today. The obsession began and my mind was starting to play the record over and over. This is painful for me but due to the program I can interrupt the song, turn it over to god. I can't control the past by reliving the event. It has followed me all my life I grew up with my Grandmothers obsessive chatter. She was a loving but compulsive alcoholic. For years she lied to us about quitting smoking and in the end she died from lung cancer. That is how she went I stayed with her till her passing in the hospital. I loved her despite her alcholism. In Alanon I get to forgive her for her abuse at times toward me.
My life has so much to be thankful for I am sober and have days of serenity.
It is little moments that I have learned to value and hold.
"Sometimes I have to let go of a problem before I can find a solution"
Gratitude
HP comes in handy with the skipping record
12 steps
I don't have to heal my business partner but I can sympathize with her situation
Music lifts my spirits
2 Siberian pups came up to me and wanted a pat on the back

1 comment:

Syd said...

I understand that spin and the replaying of the old record. But you are right--there are the tools of the program that help me to get better and not fall into a spin.
Too cute about the puppies!

Annie

Annie