Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Commit to recovery

It was a nice weekend just relaxing with friends and my Husband. I am learning how to take care of myself more. My home group meeting is on Saturday.This last weeks meeting was hectic, shaming and learning how to speak up for myself without getting angry. The treasuer announced to the group the GSR (me) caused the treasury to go overfunds. I had announced to the treasurer in advance the trips above average expense. At the buisness meeting a particular individual in our group tired to dominate the discussion and it was negative against my spending. This individual is loud and talks non stop causing members to withdraw.
I was dissapointed that the treasurer announced particulars in the manner she chose to the group at large. The discussion continued and a member reeled this person in so others got an opportunity to express thier feelings. In the end this is all about growing and showing up for myself, I am grateful I was at the AA meeting. Next week I am bringing in the DCM and a chair person to go over the role and advantages of having a GSR for a group.
Gratitude
HP will never let me down
The 12 steps are a learning tool
Life is full of all kinds of messages if I can see them and not get lost in the illusion
one moment at a time
Alanon (AA) meetings fellowship, Steps, Traditions, and literature all help me to improve my ability to help others. I will renew my commitment to recovery today.

1 comment:

Syd said...

I don't like bureauracy in anything but think that it would be a serenity breaker in the program. I'm GR for my group and thus far it has been harmonious. If the Traditions are observed things can be pretty good.

Annie

Annie