Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Gardens

Had a wonderful day although I have a cold. Sometimes I have to get sick to take care of me, I often think clearer after I have been ill. It is an odd experience but makes sense my training was to take care of others to get my needs met. Alanon
The gift I get is, what is taking me down forces me to look at my inner life.
It is very freeing to have a chance to look at and be freer from the addiction, complusion and anxiety of acting out.
Yes I did have a nice day very simple in the moment experiences.
Quiet in the home and in my mind.
It is very exciting some of the architecture they are accomplishing with living walls of plants. Patrick Blanc in France is leading the way with his designs. These sculptures are incredible works of art. Plants are so healing to me, full of comfort.
My father was an avid gardener. Our family had extensive gardens and we experimented
with what to grow each year. For some reason I don't remember alot of drinking and fighting with gardening. So gardens bring me joy and good memories of our family being together.
I mowed the lawn and planted flowers around the home. My neighbor was very supportive of my gardening and encouraged me. It is nice to remember back to some of the moments
of my childhood.
It has been a struggle to grow near the ocean, with raccoons digging for worms and
gophers eating plants without wire cages. But I am learning what and how to grow.
This year I even had tomatoes which is rare here in the part of the west.
Gratitude
1. HP
2. Keep it simple
3. Fresh food
4. Strangers being kind to strangers
5. Dont take myself too seriously
6. Chinese herbs
8. Driving in the city doesnt trouble me too much

1 comment:

Syd said...

I really like reading about gardening. It is a soothing subject for me. Glad that you are working on one.

Annie

Annie