Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Turn it over

I have a great life! Sometimes I get caught up in what I dont have instead of the wonderful life I have created. Without the program I would have none of the serenity that I manage to put together and try not to fear loosing it all. My husbands relatives are staying with us for a few days. I came back from a vacation full of a house of people. The difficult part is taking care of myself in their wants and needs for a vacation. I loose myself in taking care of others, then I resent them for not taking care of me. Classic co and Alanon stuff. Last night I went to a meeting despite myself.
Showing up for me is a challenge sometimes I get lost in the old me.
My dream this morning was of one of my husbands relatives R who lives close to us although we never see one another. I was doing all the work but I still resented her for not being able to show up. We had been college friends and I wanted to keep the connection. What does this tell me? I abonden myself and have a sense of loss within me but with Alanon I can look at this inner part of who I am. I can take care of Dianne without abondoning me by taking care of others.
Gratitude
1. HP and turning it over
2. Life has a way of working things out

2 comments:

Wait. What? said...

I find myself sometimes focussing on what I want or need as opposed to what I have and when you turn it around, like that - life looks pretty bleak.

I am with you Turn it over and life is good!

Syd said...

I have to turn things over because I have a tendency to obsess over what could be or what should be. I don't do much of that and just know that things are the way that they are at the time. There is nothing more that I can do but turn it over.

Annie

Annie