Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Meetings

The GSR meeting went well tonight watched the anarchy in action, there are no leaders. Really I love the fact that people get a chance to voice their feelings and opinions everyone listens and there are no leaders. If change happens I do believe it does very slowly one step at a time just like we work the program. I try not to take it all too seriously as I have in the past with all that is said. People are really trying thier best in recovery I do believe this.
A few people have dropped out of service which I find sad, as they have also stopped going to meetings altogether. The next step could be a drink for them. This is really the only requirement for AA is a desire to stop drinking. It takes some people years to accomplish not picking up a drink. For me I was lucky once I got a few meetings behind me I dont for today have to drink.
Trying not to future project is my secret to staying sober.
"No matter whether the alcoholic in my life is drunk or sober, the time to put energy into my own recovery is right now".
Gratitude
1. HP and acceptance
2. meditation group on Monday nights is full of alot of wisdom
3. FF miles on United
4. Grants and the arts
5. My family I am so lucky they are good people

"You grow up the day you have the first real laugh at yourself" Ethel Barrymore

1 comment:

Syd said...

I like that there are no leaders either. It is great too when no one dominates it all. Great service work being a GR or GSR.

Annie

Annie