Monday, August 3, 2009

Meditation

Went to a 8 hour meditation retreat on Sunday, it was difficult but not as bad as the first. I have to say watching my mind left me with a sense of freedom. I sat and felt uncomfortable but didn't have to run, didn't have to do anything I just watched.
This is very freeing for me I am not these crazy thoughts that race through my brain. I shared after the 12 step meeting
that I have to go home to anger, well what is my part in it? I really am not sure at the moment and haven't been for a month now.
But I can still be happy joyous and free despite this difficult stage in my life. Oh yes I can one step at a time.
This is incredible for today I felt it for some reason meditation really helped me.
" I simply step back and watch my thoughts as if I were watching a play. I try to keep my attention on the present day only, leaving the past and the future alone" Courage to Change
Gratitude
1. HP and trusting in it's presence
2. pineapple when the stomach gets churned up helps, I read Alanon members have bad stomaches and I can testify to this
3. Warm days and the beauty each day offers
4. A car that starts up
5. My sponsee is trying so hard I am grateful I can be of service

I am also grateful for Kevin Griffin's Book One Breath at a time, it really deepened my recovery work.
http://www.kevingriffin.net/

2 comments:

Syd said...

It is difficult to do what you do when living with active alcoholism. I hope that things will get better in the relationship. Take care of yourself.

wolfie185 said...

I clicked you via Steve E, I really like what you have written, honest, positive and greatful!! I am a big fan of "One Breath at a Time" I am relatively new to Buddhism and Kevin really helped me out with combining my AA practices with Buddhism, specially in the Higher Power department. I just moved from a town in rural Nebraska to the city of Lincoln, there is a temple here so once things settle down I will start my formal training after 2 years of using books and blogs for assistance.
Thanks for your posts, I wish you the best in recovery

Namaste
Scott

Annie

Annie