Thursday, August 6, 2009

Grateful

Woke up feeling fine my brain wasn't running around as usual and the sun is shining. I am going for a walk along the ocean and look for my surfing Alanon friend. She and I were friends before the program and have entered recovery together. We dont talk much now but that is fine. In the past I spent hours on the phone listening to her go over details that were none of my business. This I thought was what was expected from a friend, I would get a huge resentment feeling like her hostage. I have to take responsibility for how I participated in the crazy relationship going along to feel like she needed me.
Fulfilling my sick need for abandonment. She was just being who she was.
Our relationship has changed and this is for the better I believe. It is nice having the program to label some of my feelings and experiences that used to baffle me. Shutting down as a kid left me not fully engaged in my own life, I was a passenger.
There are some days where I still feel uncomfortable and I am not sure what is happening with my feelings but this is less and less.
The program has given me so much to be grateful for.
Grateful
1. HP and meditation
2. Knowledge
3. My haircut I just love it
4. Being able to Laugh at Life
5. All things change from moment to moment

"Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too" Voltaire

1 comment:

Wait. What? said...

Congrats on the hair cut and the wonderful bullets to begin your weekend with.

Here is to wishing you a wonderful weekend!

Annie

Annie