Sunday, August 23, 2009

This too shall pass

Came home after a few days of vacation to NY. My friend and I attended meetings almost everyday 7 am. The first meeting I felt very uncomfortable and I wasnt sure why I was feeling shut down and anxious. I couldnt wait to leave the room and wanted some protection from my friend. The next day after the meeting I knew what the feelings were of being violated came up for me, I sat through the entire meeting despite my feelings. I knew I was going to be safe and protected with the program surronding me. I spoke about some of my feelings with my friend and in some ways I was excited to recognize where my uncomfortableness came from instead of feeling isolated from the world and a freak. On the other hand alot of sadness came up due to my childhood memories that are still a part of my life as an adult. The next meeting I went to the same location and a new awareness came to me. The meeting was held in an upstairs bedroom in a brick home. As a child I grew up scared in my upstairs room many nights I would climb out my window to the protection of the roof. It was a steep roof and dangerous I could have really hurt myself, but I took the risk of falling.
This was a new revelation and one that caused me alot of pain and sadness as a child.
I dont feel the need to give details of the events that happend to me as a young girl but today I am safe and have some serenity. I am grateful for the program and my willingness to trust HP has a plan for me.
Gratitude.
HP
This too shall pass

1 comment:

Syd said...

I'm glad that you let the feelings flow through you and stayed for the entire meeting. I've learned that these feelings do pass and that I can ride them out, inventory them, and then move on.

Annie

Annie