Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Turn it over

Woke up and began by reading blogs of other AA members. It is nice to begin the day with recovery on my mind it gives me a sense of peace knowing there are other like minded in the world. Today I have alot of work to do with my Bio this involves getting in my car driving for 40 minutes and picking up the writer to go to a cafe. The piece seems to be shaping up and boy am I glad.
I hired a friend of mine at a greatly reduced rate who has lost it all and she doesn't drink, but she smokes pot. Her husband passed away and it all came crumbling down around her. My program has to be worked around her, to not fix her. I guess this is the gift I get in all of it. She reminded me yesterday that she is giving me a great rate but she has no work so I am her job right now. A part of me felt like it could be a difficult situation working with her but I have to say it is turning out fine.
She has her HP and I have my HP. I don't have to fix her she is where she needs to be. She knows I am in the program if she wants what I have there are plenty of meetings I can guide her to in the neighborhood.
Gratitude
1. HP is there for the whole world
2. My program is working for me every second if I work it
3. My health is great right now for this i am grateful
4. My ablility to show up for myself
5. Friends

"My feelings are neither right nor wrong but are important by virtue of being mine" In All Our Affairs

2 comments:

Syd said...

Great that you are doing what you are doing with your friend. There is no way to change her. Hopefully, she will see your example and will want what you have.

Wait. What? said...

Let it go - those are both the easiest and hardest words to grasp for myself.

Hard because I want to help or control or fix and easy because once I let it go, I feel some relief in the action.

Annie

Annie