Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Opening is difficult

It's been difficult for me to let love into my life. I noticed creating distance for me and creating barriers is my way I cope. There were many disappointments I experienced as a young girl. I withdrew into a dream life. Escape for me was how I dealt with problems. As an adult I developed an assortment of escapes to deal with the pain.
"Opening is difficult. There are pains we have worked all our lives to repress and avoid". Jack Kornfield.

Today I am grateful for my life. With Alanon I am given tools to deal with problems that in the past were unbearable. I am grateful I could show up for myself. My posts normally deal with problems but today I want to try practice gratitude. I try to balance the good and the bad in all that life brings.

Grateful
the program it has given me a new lease on life

2 comments:

AlmightyHeidi said...

You are beautful :)

Syd said...

Showing up for myself--what a great thing. It is so good to have balance in my life now.

Annie

Annie