Sunday, August 29, 2010

take care of myself

Learning boundaries is an ongoing lesson for me. When someone comes into my space I dont know how to take care of myself. I merge into what are their needs and then
oh yea the resentment monster comes out and rears it's ugly head.
This weekend an old roommate came to visit me. She stayed for 4 days in my home.
She is a filmmaker and her work was being shown in a local venue. I like her work it is experimental in approach and very insightful.
It was good to see her but she is a dependent person. I still find myself wanting to make it OK for her. She waits for people to do things for her.
I stepped back and let her take care of herself. In fact one night I made plans to go to a friends home and encouraged her go off on her own on the city's transport. This is the program working to learn to take care of myself and let others take care of themselves.

I am building a wonderful life for myself and it feels good...
sounds like a song I have heard.

Gratitude
HP
Program
Coffee especially espresso drinks

1 comment:

Syd said...

Boundaries are good. Mine are generally flexible which is helpful. Glad that you are taking care of you.

Annie

Annie