Thursday, August 26, 2010

Walls of Ego

According to Pema Chödrön, love and compassion are like the weak spots in the walls of ego. If we connect with even one moment of the good heart of bodhicitta and cherish it, our ability to open will gradually expand.

Reading this quote today reminded me how reaching out to a newcomer breaks the bondage of self. I get so wrapped up in my life
it's important to look outside. I try to welcome the new faces in the program. It was hard for me in the beginning and I try to encourage and offer my E, S and H. (like the abbreviation borrowed from Syd)

I received a call from someone in Alanon a Miss F. We connected on many levels, she is a double winner. She also works Buddhism into her practice. I might go and have a cup of tea with her sometime.

Gratitude
1. The program is my top priority.
2. Guests shake up my life
3. HP has a plan for me I dont have to figure it all out

1 comment:

Syd said...

Irish over at Recovery Arcive has a good article on this today. I enjoy reaching out to others. It helps me as much as it helps them.

Annie

Annie