Monday, August 30, 2010

Detachment is neither kind nor unkind

Tonight in group I had a sense of unease within which follows me in meditation. The beauty though is this feeling eventually is followed by another feeling.
They come and they go..nothing remains forever. I try not to attach and watch them flow through my mind, not to get caught up in the storyline.

As i sit in meditation I use many experiences to bait me not to be present. The car driving by the center with loud rap music blaring out the window.
I try to be patient with myself and practice compassion for where I am at in the moment. My mind is like a wild monkey and I jump here and there. I hope to continue to practice meditation.

When I can be more loving toward myself my relationship improves. Last night Y made some very nasty comments. I tried very hard to detach with love. I am responsible for D. Last night I didn't have the same pull as in the past.
I am grateful for the program.
As the literature says, "Detachment is neither kind nor unkind. It does not imply judgment or condemnation of the person or situation from which we are detaching. It is simply a means that allows us to separate ourselves from the adverse effects that another person's alcoholism can have upon our lives."

There are many teachers surronding me more will be revealed.

Grateful
The Program is there for me even when I cant be there for myself
HP

1 comment:

Syd said...

I like the quote about detachment. I often describe it as looking at a bug crawling across the floor--a specimen of interest. I don't need to squash it or pick it up. I can just let it alone.

Annie

Annie