Saturday, August 14, 2010

What arises in our mind

Today was a nice day. I did several hours of gardening with a friend. Being outside in the fresh air doing physical labor is enjoyable to me. It helps me live more in the moment.
I am grateful today that I get a chance to be more present for my life. I can remember in the past it was hard for me I was in a constant state of anxiety.

Yesterday was difficult one of my character defects reared it's ugly head. I began a spin and fed it with all the delicious foods it likes to keep going. It is hard some days but with the program I have tools. Today I was able to participate in some joy. Feelings don't last forever they come and go. Meditation helps me look at my life in a new way.

Meditation provides a way for us to train in the middle way—in staying right on the spot. We are encouraged not to judge whatever arises in our mind. In fact, we are encouraged not to even grasp whatever arises in our mind. What we usually call good or bad we simply acknowledge as thinking, without all the usual drama that goes along with right and wrong. We are instructed to let the thoughts come and go as if touching a bubble with a feather. This straightforward discipline prepares us to stop struggling and discover a fresh, unbiased state of being.

Grateful for the Program

1 comment:

Syd said...

Good to let those feelings flow through and recognize them. Moving on to prayer helps me.

Annie

Annie