Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Rise to the Occasion without resenting it later

Tonight I shared ny story at a Alanon meeting on the spur of a moment call. I shocked myself by saying sure I would be there to share my story. I didnt get the tornado inside and burn up till my body and I were seperate. Sitting in the chair I was present and kept it sweet and short didnt go back and share too many of the gory details of my childhood. I do feel I leave out the fun that was present in my childhood but there is always something. So for my next share I will try and bring more the fun into
it I did laugh in my share and so did the rest of the people also. One of the old members of Alanon confessed she has never had a sponsor nor has she done the steps I think she has 10 years....crazy really
Oh well turn it over
Gratitude
1. HP walked with me today and will always no matter what
2. The program works when I work it
3. for the beatiful day today full of crisp air and sunshine
4. for my home and scrubbing bon ami to remove the shoe marks from the humane society bird rescue mission at my home
5. The Courage to Change handbook
6. For coffee it really helps me

1 comment:

Syd said...

I can't figure out why so many in Al-Anon don't work the steps with a sponsor. There is so much more to the program than what they are getting. But it isn't up to me. I do the whole deal and am glad of it.

Annie

Annie