Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Drive Myself

Beautiful day today the sun peeked through the fog and yes there is light ...
My medical problems still surface today was another test. I feel so lucky to have such a great Doctor she makes me laugh despite it all. My husband took me to the appointment he was trying hard to show up. We have remained married for almost 30 years, some years were better than others. Alanon has really added to our relationship,it helps me understand that disputes come up even when everyone is doing thier best. Driving home tonight he began to get aggressive on the road, his behvior scares me I want to control him. My old part wants to fight him, teach him, correct him...Engage in his bad behavior. With the help of Alanon I try and seperate from his behavior and detach from the descisions he makes about his life. When possible I try not to ride with him in a car, I like to drive myself. Practice Turning my life over to HP he she has a plan for me. By detaching and letting go I can forgive and let go of my resentment toward him. Loving myself enough to admit that resentments hold me back.
"Every time I try to tighten the noose of resentment around someones neck, I am really only choking myself. Today I will practice forgiveness instead."
Courage to Change
Gratitude
1. HP is with me all day
2. The Program holds me when I cant hold myself
3. The surgery went well and I felt little pain
4. Made a delicous fresh pineaplle juice
5. Relatives had a great dinner no gossip
6. Sun peeked out later in the day

No comments:

Annie

Annie