Thursday, December 15, 2011

Tis the Season

Wonderful meeting tonight. I sat outside the church talking to a friend about giving to organizations in particular. In Buddhism they call this dana giving without attachment.
I have been volunteering my professional services to the Z Center. At times I will ask also for donations as restaurant coupons, I accept this exchange and enjoy being at the center. A big job is coming up and I asked for a coupon for the job as I have volunteered quite a few days to the center.
Well this has stirred the pot my co worker has informed Buddhism involves dana and I should look at my motives. Well this doesn't sit right with me. They ask for monies but yet ask me to evaluate my motives. This will require some discussion. This is an opportunity for growth in my life. In the past I would have caved in but not today this is an important shift for me speaking up. Grant me the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

Tis the Season but i like to investigate my feelings around this issue.

No comments:

Annie

Annie