Thursday, December 22, 2011

Do your work then step back

The sun is shining and the city is clearing out. I love the streets that were once full are now empty. Neighbors can be seen filling cars up with things to take the post or to leave town. I watch from the window as a semi loaded with drywall beeps down the street. I hope that no one close with be remodeling this Holiday. Nothing worse than hearing the bangs of hammers during days of rest.

It seems this time of year is a struggle for me. It is much calmer than before I have tools to help me get through the hard edges.
My husband is working non stop HP has a plan for him. I keep the focus on myself. Detach with love is my holiday mantra.

An Alanon friend has invited me to their home for Christmas. I will bring my flour-less chocolate cake. It is one of my favorites, dense and chocolaty. They will make prime rib. Makes me laugh these are also my Zen friends and meat is such a no no...
Rules and regulations don't work well for addicts most of the time. Grateful for my life it is whizzing by .......

Do your work, then step back.
The only path to serenity.
Laozi

1 comment:

Syd said...

It sounds like Christmas will be good. Thank goodness for the program tools. I am grateful.

Annie

Annie