Sunday, June 27, 2010

HP is guiding me

Today was another day of watching documentary's. It is enlightening to watch stories from around the world. It is troubling to see examples of the rising oceans and the loss of land we are experiencing.

But one particular piece from Afghanistan stuck with me for days. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNUxq8rI6lM
Bacha Bazi young boys dressing as women to dance for men only parties. They are held as slaves and robbed of their childhood by older men.
The documentary exposes this horrendous custom that has resurfaced recently. The film jury will end this week. I have been very busy with my work. H is working overtime to catch up with my busy life.

My life is good and full of choices that I get to make throughout the day. I made it to a new meeting today. It was held in a beautiful church from 1878. The members began the meeting in London over twenty years ago. I met two newcomers and approached one women after the meeting ended. She began to cry I assured her if she kept showing up and working the program there would be a new freedom in her life. Did she have a sponsor?She did have a sponsor she replied. I thought she was doing the footwork. She might make it and I hope she does. Reaching out and helping newcomers is an important part of working my program. I decided to also make a new phone call this weekend to someone in the program. She was unable to talk but it felt good to reach out to someone else when I was in need.

My Hp is guiding me and doing for me what I cant do for myself.

Gratitude
1. HP always standing right beside me
2. The program is my right hand person
3. Fruit in the Bay Area is beginning to flow into farmers markets
4. Hot Springs vacations make me feel good

1 comment:

Syd said...

It sounds as if your life is in a good place. I agree that reaching out to newcomers is so important. We were all newcomers at one time.

Annie

Annie