Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Being Present

Beateous day full of sun and cool air from the ocean. I began the morning with some negative self talk. Practice my program by reading some literature and turning it all over to GOD. It is hard to break this record it has been years in the making.
But by taking action and using tools from the program the day unfolded moving into a nice day.
What is a nice day for me?
Being present and not living in the past nor regretting the future.
I got into my car drove to work. My business partner and I watched footage from our last shoot. It is very inspiring to be able to see what we have worked so hard on....
A news station has called us to for an interview. We have decided not to go ahead with the news story and keep our documentary
close to our vision. Revealing all our goods too soon could spoil what we have worked on for over one year! There is an urgency in her voice pushing us into her time slot for the news. I worked for a station at one point but couldn't get into the negative spin. I get caught up the spin myself.

In the past I would take whatever was handed to me without question, it might not never come again...This is old Alanon thinking for me. Being present for myself allows me to question what is also going on around me.

Things that are urgent are rarely important, and things that are important are rarely urgent. First things first.

"Let us spend one day as deliberately as Nature, and not be thrown off the track by every nutshell and mosquito's wing that falls on the rails."
Henry David Thoreau

1 comment:

Syd said...

I like the saying about things being urgent are rarely important. Very true on the grand scheme of things.

Annie

Annie