Thursday, June 17, 2010

Just for today

Yesterday I went to a new meeting. It was difficult to find the entrance but I didn't give up. Once I found the meeting room I did notice a familiar face. She was very loving toward me in the beginning taking a call on Christmas Eve.
Despite all her good qualities one of her bad character defects is her need to control the rooms. We are only human beings with mistakes and failings. Despite her bad qualities I still admire P she has done alot of work on herself.
I step back and let the room take care of itself voting when it is asked. They didn't have a speaker and asked for a volunteer. It was time for me to do service so I raised my hand.

As my share began I left my body, this happens with all my shares. The "leaving the body" experience was less than usual but still present. It has been incredibly healing to share my story despite my feelings of not being good enough, not being prepared enough, on and on...... If I keep showing up and doing the footwork more healing can occur. The present moment is perfect just where I am. For years all I could do was cry in the rooms there was a hell of a large amount of grief in my body.
Today is a day full of promise. This is one of my gifts from the program.

"Real Generosity toward the future consists in giving all to what is present." Camus

Gratitude
1. The Program
2. I dont have to fix it today
3. Just where I am at is fine
4. The film screenings are going well over 70 watched

1 comment:

Syd said...

I like what you wrote about Leaving your body. That is truly the Higher Power working through you.

Annie

Annie