Friday, June 25, 2010

taking care

I had a wonderful short vacation for a few days. I camped near a stream listening all night to the sound of a water. There are no satellite towers for cell phones, computers and other paraphernalia. I believe constantly being connected adds anxiety to my life. It benefits me to disconnect and listen to silence. If I am constantly busy what am I hiding from?

I forget it's important to take breaks by going out of town away from my everyday life.
The Hot Springs has a mineral pool, a hot and cold plunge and lots of people watching.
They have meetings a couple of times a week.

Y couldn't go with me he had too much work. Y hasn't been out of town for many months but I cant convince him otherwise. Taking care of myself helps to take care of our relationship. In the past I would be upset Y couldn't enjoy his life the way I hoped he would by taking vacations. Watching Y work non stop is painful, but I can't control his behavior what I can do is take care of myself. This sometimes means taking vacations without Y.
I practice my program around this working non stop problem in our marriage.
For me it is important to have balance without feeling guilty for taking care of myself. Relaxation can be an important part of even a daily routine.
I owe it to myself to pay attention to the needs of my body mind and spirit.

1 comment:

Syd said...

I understand the separate vacations. We have difficulty having one together except for weekends on the boat because of the dogs and cats. It is hard to find a good housesitter for very long. Glad that you had a relaxing time.

Annie

Annie