Monday, May 31, 2010

Awareness, Acceptance Action

Didn't know what to do with myself today. Too many days in a row with no structure and I begin to feel out of sorts with life. If you knew me it would seem the opposite in fact I like freedom and no plans, being spontaneous.

Today I answered the phone to a friend N who sets me off most times. I have taken great distance from our friendship.
I put my self worth into other peoples hands, less than I used to but it still happens.
She is doing her best in life but things have changed for me. I no longer want to participate in the negative talk we engaged in. My part in all of it was to lift my self esteem by speaking ill of others. This behavior doesn't serve me anymore.
Awareness Acceptance and Action

Acceptance can be empowering because it makes choices possible.

"For here we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead."
Thomas Jefferson

1 comment:

Syd said...

Engaging in negative talk just made me more negative. I would rather be a positive person so I don't participate in bashing of others or gossip. It has made a lot of difference in my outlook.

Annie

Annie