Sunday, January 3, 2010

Everyone has a HP

With HP's help I can show up for myself, one day at a time. I feel so good despite the fact I don't have any big plans or goals for my life. The program has just allowed me to be more at peace with myself, with life's simple messages.
My world was always framed with a sense of unease and unrest within me. I am not sure what has shifted I do believe in the power of the rooms. Revealing dark secrets on a group level and then waiting for the ceiling to come crashing in on me. But the room has remained in tact despite my apprehension at times.
The critical voice is very loud these days but I don't run with it as much as I have in the past.
My niece is here visiting. She is spoiled and lives a very luxurious life. Part of me resents her lifestyle. I had alot of struggles with money when I was in college. Not only did I have to find a way to get a scholarship for myself but also for my brothers and sisters.
My niece has never had to get a job but this has really not added anything more to her world.
But I need to keep the focus on my life and not hers. Her choices are not what I should concern myself. This is part of my disease
taking care of others and then resenting them for not following my suggestions. Alanon helps me believe in myself and respect that other people are entitled to do the same.
I trust life has a plan for us all ..HP is there for each and every one of us.
Gratitude
Spoke up for myself and didn't drive a small child without a car seat
began to take down the decorations and didn't feel sad that the vacation was over
HP is there for the whole world
Nothing remains the same life is in constant motion

1 comment:

Syd said...

It has been a tough day today, but I got through it and feel better after inventorying my feelings. We took the decorations down too--I missed the lights a bit but it's okay. The holidays are now a fond memory.

Annie

Annie