Sunday, January 17, 2010

Rain

Rain fell off and on all day leaving me feel like staying indoors. I brought in a small heater into my office and worked off and on through the morning. Rain seems to settle me sometimes and leaves me feeling calm.

I have nice memories of past rain storms.
My grandmother loved rain and would sit by the window watching it's downpour telling stories. She particularly liked thunderstorms and would praise the crash and flashes of light crossing the sky. She was an old timer and water was important for life as it still is today.

My meeting schedule is off right now. But I am feeling OK, tonight the committee in my head is quiet. Last night I went to a movie with a friend. She has lost quite a bit recentely including her car. She lives a very frugal life due to money issues and bad planning. Time is also not one of her strong points and I know this. We ran late as usual to the movie. It is very difficult to find parking in the city and we circled endlessly looking for a space. She was frantic but I just let myself be calm and turned it over to god..For some reason it worked last night. Where she is doesn't have to be where I am emotionally.
I know where my friend stands with time, I don't expect a different result.
And where am I at in all this? Is she someone I can fix?
Do I seek this out in a friendship? Interesting to look at my motives.
She is also a very talented, interesting and caring person.
Just for tonight think I will go to bed and sleep.
Grateful
1. HP is within us all
2. Rain is calming for me
3. Appreciation of the simple things
4. For vinegar it really is a wonderful thing
5. The Coen brothers are a crazy bunch
"All men's miseries derive from not being able to sit quiet in a room alone"
Blaise Pascal

1 comment:

Syd said...

I am okay when the committee in my head is quiet. Glad that you caught up with a friend. Motives are interesting things and best addressed for me through Step Four.

Annie

Annie