Saturday, December 26, 2009

Grateful

This year is coming to an end. I want to take this time to reflect on the progress I have made. Without the program none of this growth would have been possible. It's time to thank my higher power for the ability to stretch my inner life and look at the world in a new way. My Hp has given me so much and being present was the only way I achieve peace within. It is one moment at a time really for me, it is brief but time seems to add up slowly.

Being able to attend meditation and 12 step work strengthen my ability to watch my mind. In the past I have been so attached to everything. To survive my crazy surroundings as a child I lived in alot of fear and took that into my adult life.
My crazy monkey brain races around in my mind going in alot of fear driven directions. In meditation I have been labeling my thoughts lately. They come into my conscious arising as negative thoughts, then fear, and judgement, and a host of others from the lower realms.

" Teacher Chodron explains how finding tranquility in our own lives leads to a broader harmony in our relationships, our communities, and the surrounding world. If war begins within us, we have the power to end war." Pema Chodron

I want to give myself some credit for showing up in my life. The program has given me the willingness to unravel all the ego protection that I deposited over the years. It has been almost 2 years I am back in the programs. I have joined the levels of AA GSR service, was a treasurer in Alanon and reached out to newcomers in both groups.
HP has given me the ability to show up one day at at time. Showing up doing the footwork, having a sponsor and working the 12 steps has given me my life back! I am looking forward to a New Year.
Grateful
1. For the AA and Alanon Fellowship
2. The willingness to work the program
3. Taking care of my health
4. Gratitude for my life

1 comment:

Syd said...

Great stuff. I too am reflecting on what has transpired in my life. I am in a much better place today than ever before.

Annie

Annie