Thursday, January 21, 2010

let go and relax

Went to an event tonight to support an elderly woman in her late 8o's. I met her in Yoga didn't really like nor dislike her but shared a year with her in the class.
Tonight they held a retrospect of her photo career from the 1950 to the 80's which focused around civil and labor rights.I saw a side of her that was not revealed in her later life. She shined as she entered the library, smiling and laughing with her old friends.
I was able to show up and not be late due to my husbands needs and my inability to stand up for myself. Though now I look back on some instances and wonder if situations haven't been chosen to act out "a sick need for abandonment". But today was different I felt a comfort in how I treated myself.
I gave rides to several people and set boundaries with them on when I wanted to be at the library and when I wanted to leave. My friend brought her alcholic boyfriend and I didn't stare at him judging his behaviors.
I took care of myself and let others take care of themselves. Wow
Today I have choices about my life.
I can use my time to do something good for myself. One of my primary responsibilities
is to take care of myself. I will find a small way to do something for my mind, body, and spirit.
Gratitude
For HP's
the Alanon program is there for me always
for chocolate bars
Still raining my garden needs it for next year
for forgiveness
for me life as it stands today

part of my recovery is respecting my need and my right to let go and relax.
In All Our Affairs

2 comments:

Syd said...

I understand this: taking care of myself comes in many ways. It used to seem like so much to do, but these days it comes much easier.

Kathy M. said...

Hello. I'm new to your blog and appreciate what you've written here. I'm a member of Al-Anon, too. I also like chocolate.

Annie

Annie