Thursday, July 9, 2009

Meditation

Morning blogging a new addition to my day..My mind is busy when I wake up this is when I begin to try and shake it all off and read some program literature. Meditation has helped me to stand back from all the thoughts and to start with a clean slate.

"In every quiet moment I can find to calm my mind and think through the day ahead of me, I am meditating. During these moments by clearing my mind and asking my Higher Power to guide me, I find answers to my concerns.. I don't always expect or enjoy the answers I get, but to turn away from them causes even greater turmoil." Courage to Change

Gratitude.
1. Hp loves me in all my darkest parts
2. The Program has given me such a rich rewarding life
3. My meditation program and the monk who runs it, he has made it feel like a safe place.
4. My new friends in the program
5. learning new skills
6. Being able to run once in a while, it is difficult but one step at a time I am proceeding

"Go to your bosom: Knock there, and ask your heart what it doth know." Shakespeare

2 comments:

Syd said...

I need to do more medication each day and not just when I am on the boat or on the beach. I do some each morning but could increase my time. A friend is hosting a Zen meditation group each week. I hope to attend that.

Di-Git said...

Hi Syd,
Yes I do Zen and Recovery meditation in SF
It is a great group all groups attend.
I really enjoyed Kevin Griffins book about Meditation and recovery...Have you read it?
Thank you for your great blog it really adds to my day!
Dianne G

Annie

Annie