Sunday, July 5, 2009

Grateful for being an Alanon member

Cold in SF today the grey sky filled me up and I took it all in. Yep that just about sums it all up the first half went fine, I met with a new sponsee. B and I had coffee and it was revealed God is a problem for her. I just added, yes the mind can find alot of things to attach to and not like, it doesnt want to let go of the old self. She is bottoming out and doesnt want to let go and trust.
I understand it was hard for me and some days it still is difficult. But I can say it is getting easier one day at a time. She mentioned she just cant go on, she doesnt know what to do. I replied, well follow these steps and your life will change in ways you dont even imagine. Again letting go of what it should be is also a big part of the program. I really hope she can show up for herself. If it gets so painful she cant go on with the old self then recovery might be a part of her new life.
Thats what I want to be thankful for is the sponsee who reminds me of what I need to work on myself.
I think my work is a fraud sometimes and I get so down on myself. I didnt of course reveal all my darkness to the new one...
but that is why I have a sponsor and work the steps.
One day at a time
Grateful
1. for HP and the gifts I am given daily
2. Keeping my mouth shut when it wants to snap back to every word today
3. For selling some clothing and making a little money and recycling good things for others
4. Calling my sister and trying to keep it in a good frame of chat
5. Watching my mind and it's crazy lengths it tries to take me into

"You will find yourself in various situations, and you will intuitively know what you should do"

No comments:

Annie

Annie