Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Detachment living my life

Trying to blog more means writing in the morning. I have gone through another level in my program learning to evaluate one area of my life that is troublesome. How do I accomplish this? I step back and don't immediatley respond, I listen and then I give my answer, and detach from the outcome.
"Detachment is neither kind or unkind. It does not imply judgment or condemnation of the person or situation from which we are detaching. It simply a means that allows us to separate ourselves from the adverse effects that another person’s alcoholism can have on our lives."
Yes I have to keep this alive in my program, I was the caretaker as a kid and continue to take everyones inventory. I want to learn to take care of myself more. Taking care of me without having to breakdown till it gets so bad I am sick.

Grateful
1. For HP
2. The Sun
3. My program and reaching out to more newcomers
4. Friends

"God give me the detachment to accept those things I cannot alter;
the courage to alter those things I can alter;
and the wisdom to distinguish the one thing from the other." Serenity Prayer 2nd half

No comments:

Annie

Annie