Monday, July 20, 2009

Keep It Simple

Still dealing with my husbands rage attack it has gone for over one month now. What do I do to take care of myself?
Try to keep it simple I notice my mind starts to spin and think negative thoughts. I take the rage internally, it embarrasses me I am not farther in my program. But this is where I am at...progress not perfection.
I am trying to keep it positive despite the horrible situation at home. Keep the focus on taking care of myself. It is hard for me I still want it to be alright and take in the rage. What is my part in all this?
"Each day is an opportunity to build a supply of positive spiritual experiences. Today I will take note of what happens when I trust my Higher Power"
Gratitude
1. HP surrounds me
2. Take Care of Myself
3. Work the Program it is an opportunity to go farther into the recovery
4. Keep It Simple and not to try and figure it all out
5. Yoga is an healing and loving way to treat myself
6. coffee is good and delicious especially when I save money and make it at home

"By far the best proof is experience" Francis Bacon

2 comments:

Syd said...

I had to revisit Step One and realize that I am powerless over others. And then move into Step Two so that my sanity can be restored. Rage is not about me--it is about the other person. I choose not to fall for it and let it eat me up for days. It may take me a day to process it and come to the conclusion that someone else's toxicity doesn't have to be mine. Only if I let it.

Wait. What? said...

Ihave had to start over so many times and remind myself to surrender and let go of things that I thought were right and or best...

It is a process and it gets easier the more I do it...

Make you first.

Cat

Annie

Annie