Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Shed some light

This weekend was hard but today was much better despite my cold. I tried to keep the focus on myself and let others take care of themselves. My business partner has troubles with her ex and their child. I listen and try not to give advice.

My deeply ingrained care taking just runs wild sometimes.
I noticed I will pay for things just to try and help her out. Today we went to lunch when the bill came I let her pay half. When she speaks of money issues I will pull out my wallet to make her feel better. I am not rolling in dough myself and I dont need to pay for her company.
Sharing this problem with others helps keep the issues at hand in focus.
When we bring things out into the light they lose their power over us.

Gratitude
For the Program, everyone is welcome
this is a spiritual program


1 comment:

Syd said...

Yes, I too think that my caring for others runs way deep. It is ingrained, and I find myself wanting to help. Sometimes too much help is not what's needed.

Annie

Annie