Monday, November 15, 2010

walking through it

I feel so fortunate to have a recovery group on Mondays that meet at the Zen Center.
Each week we have a speaker and then an open meeting for discussion. There are a variety of shares from old timers to just recently got into the rooms.
Developing trust in the program has given me comfort, direction, and a sense of unity.
Even when I sometimes can't be there for myself the program will be there for me.
Dont get me wrong I still have issues at times with the program but today I keep walking though it all showing up for myself.

We are promised a new sense of freedom. When I can be present for myself in the moment I feel at peace. It feels good to have some peace in my life.
I am grateful.

An old monk in Thailand drew a picture of a happy smiling buddha on the wall of his cave and under it a most peculiar saying: Oh joy to discover there is no happiness in this world."
What could this mean? It is an acknowledgement that there is no lasting happiness, because of rhe eternal truth that nothing lasts. Only when we stop running and accept life with all it's dance of change, it's ten thousand joys and ten thousand sorrows, with its inherent suffering. only then can we find peace and wisdom.





1 comment:

Syd said...

I think that it means there is joy in acceptance and about not trying to force solutions. When I gave up trying to browbeat others to do what I wanted and just accepted them for who they were, then I felt great relief. A wise saying from the happy smiling buddha.

Annie

Annie