Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Reaching out

Sitting and reading Alanon literature is enjoyable for me. I get comfort from learning more about the program, there is a choice in my life. Some days I forget that there are other choices I can make in difficult situations. Some choices I make daily are eating wholesome food, exercising, meditation and program work. I like to cook and made a great dish of mousakka.

The rages from Y are a huge challenge for me and how can I take care of myself?
I am learning to create boundaries around his verbal attacks. This challenge might be one of my big life lessons. I have reached out to another blogger dealing with verbal attacks while riding in a car. She has offered her experience strength and hope. Hiding my secret will keep me sick. I regularly share with my sponsor the verbal bantering that goes between Y and myself. Recently it has lessened but still rears it's ugly head. Despite the problems I celebrate my growth. It has been worth the wait.

Gratitude
Willingness to Grow
Working the steps is insightful
Things seem to be just fine despite some hard moments
Eggplant is a nightshade and some believe aggravate arthritis

1 comment:

Syd said...

I have struggled with dealing with verbal attacks from a close friend. He doesn't rage at me but at things in general. It is alcoholic behavior in a dry drunk form. I simply walk away and do not engage in discussion when he is like this. It is the disease talking.

Annie

Annie