Sunday, November 7, 2010

Staying present

Raning out today but it's nice to be inside all nice and warm. I don't feel well today it might have to do with working full throttle on Friday. Got out of bed feeling dizzy basically getting sick. I want to be out in the world doing something today. I don't want to stay in bed at home. But to take care of myself I need to rest. Learning to find out how to take care of myself is a full time job. In the past I often ignored my bodies messages. I lived outside my body and was in constant motion. Learning how to stay present and trust my HP is a gift I receive from Alanon.

I have traveled extensively throughout my life this I believe arose out of my childhood survival mode. This is a positive note that I created out of a bad situation. But as I age learning to be ok where I am at is sometimes challenging. I don't have to leave to create a safe situation for my life. It's interesting to look at life in a non judgmental compassionate practice. Time to rest I feel tired.

What does it mean to take care of myself?
For today it means keeping warm and resting in bed
Calling my sponsor
Reading Alanon literature.
Watching movies on netflix
Detaching from my minds spin

1 comment:

Syd said...

I understand the need for those down times. I am looking forward to some of that too.

Annie

Annie