Monday, November 22, 2010

Putting words to it all

Just reading some literature on Zen while waiting for my meeting to begin. I felt relieved when I read the negative views on literary endeavors in the practice by many. Why? I understand when I sometimes intellectualize my feelings it distances me from emotions. Over thinking can spoil a good concept being able to let it go for a while is creative flow. ALthough I do love reading and research which has helped me throughout my life.
I must understand it all and be able to convey to others what is going on for me. Yes, It is important for me to be able to share in meetings. But it is also OK for me not to be able to figure it all out.

In Alanon I like the notion we might not be able to understand it all. This feels good to me
when I want to follow the concept to the source. The trail can get dusty ridden with my good intentions. Life has many unsolved mysteries.

One stepping the second
Holidays need one second for me today
Gooble Gooble

1 comment:

Syd said...

I certainly don't understand it all. That's okay. I am and will be a work in progress. Have a Happy Turkey Day.

Annie

Annie