Monday, March 23, 2009

Grateful for Discovery

This was an interesting weekend a couple of things occured that enlightened me as to how the program wakes you up...I have suffered from migranes all my life, where I have to lay in bed the pain is so horrific. With the realization that I have migranes and (not the flu, a cold or some mysterious illness) and can do something about it with medication is miraculous. I could feel the pains of the migrane settling in on Saturday, my vision became affected. We were invited to a party
and I wanted to go for my husband, it was his New Year. I called a friend and she advised me to take a migrane pill, the whole pill which I did and low and behold the migrane went away. This is learning to take care of myself. Yes it is...Yea Yea
this is just so fuckin great to have this gift and to give myself credit.
It is so difficult to live with bad health I am learning though to take care of my body better. I have be bed ridden for many days trying to recover.
"By attending to our physical needs, we go a long way to making our lives more manageable" How Alanon works.
I want to start and sock myself in the chops with why did this take so long?
But I am damn glad to have the experience, strength and hope of the program to guide me along the road of self discovery in Alanon.
Alcholism is a three fold disease
1. Treating ourselves well
2. Our Physical Health
3. Our Mental and Emotional Health
Grateful
1. HP
2. Program
3. Husband
4. Medication ( especially for migranes) just for today who knows it could be something else tommorrow
5. Laughter

1 comment:

Wait. What? said...

The realization came to you just in time and when you were most likely to apprecaite it!

Annie

Annie