Saturday, March 14, 2009

This too shall pass

Amazing how this too shall pass. Trusting in this helps me get through difficult situations, especially with my health, with my friends, with my work, with......... this seems to be reoccuring...Yes it does
I felt so much better today but I noticed I was very sensitve to what was said to me. I guess feeling vlunerable I try to protect myself, protection comes in many forms one being critical. I had two instances of my friends bothering me with comments they made to me, I wanted to defend myself. Who am I defending myself from? From feeling fragile wanting love and support.
Is this neediness I am not sure I can answer this, I think it is Ok to have needs also. Most people seem to hide from having needs
or they get them met or they hide in their homes. Yes I do know a few people who hide in their work and dont leave their homes much. I hide in my victimhood, they are out to get me and I am not sure if I should bring firearms or swords.
This is how I hide. I have to be careful who and where I go when I am physically in pain. This is an amazing insight that I have
needs and can take care of them myself. I dont have to manipulate or make someone feel guilty to help take care of me.
uhmmm oh that is hard to write down in this blog but somewhat true I am coming to realize.

The first discovery I made when I began working Step Four, “Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves,” was the degree to which my resentments fueled my life.
If you have a resentment you want to be free of..
Labels: Anger, Prayer
"If you have a resentment you want to be free of, if you will pray for the person or the thing that you resent, you will be free. If you will ask in prayer for everything you want for yourself to be given to them, you will be free. Ask for their health, their prosperity, their happiness, and you will be free. Even when you don't really want it for them, and your prayers are only words and you don't mean it, go ahead and do it anyway. Do it every day for two weeks and you will find you have come to mean it and to want it for them, and you will realize that where you used to feel bitterness and resentment and hatred, you now feel compassionate understanding and love."

No comments:

Annie

Annie