Thursday, March 12, 2009

Taking care of myself

Today I had a difficult day recovering from surgery, a massive migraine kept me in bed all day. It really is humbling to have to stay in bed because I cant see, or walk from the pain. This is one of the few instances I feel I can ask people for help. The phone rang off the wall yesterday with people wondering if I was Ok...
Grateful for my life today

My grandmother gave me attention when I was sick and ignored me the rest of the time. She would stroke my hair and say loving kind words. I think of her often when I dont feel well she left her mark in my life. Small, petite, firecracker of a woman.
It is hard as an adult to be sick, I really hate it. Learning to take care of myself and not someone else is a challenge for this Alanon member. Oh yea, what in the hell is this, the only way I can take care of myself to be so down and out it is the only option? Interesting insight.
Trying to focus on getting better is what I am going to do tonight. I dont have to be doing something, don't have to attach to my committee, I can just be where I am at.
"But in Al-Anon we are learning to take responsibility for tending to our needs" How Alanon works.

No comments:

Annie

Annie