Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Step one

Happy New Year. I ended up in 2 meetings today...one to help a friend just out of  monastery living and then  tonight cause I am the snack keeper.  Both meetings made me feel alive and involved in my life and with others. It is a gift that today I was smiling at the new year. This is a good thing as many times I sat in meetings feeling alot and hanging on to it all. One of my favorite sayings...feelings arent facts.
Meditation has also helped me let go of what circles in my brain.
Tonight I noticed again my irritability concerning someone in the rooms, I know this lady very well.
Finally by stepping out and watching I realize what triggers me with her. The constant
attention she seeks from men, even in the rooms. She is not as good as my mother but close..
The addiction to sex and love will trigger me every time.
Praying for her and myself to have willingness to let her be and I don't have to fix her.
Yes this is true but I dont have to be around it also.

I have watched my sponsee blossom in the past year this also makes me smile.

Life is good despite my disappointments. Glad I dont have to hang on to the negative feelings as they too can pass. On a good day they dont even rest on this page.

1.I am powerless



1 comment:

Syd said...

Knowing that I don't have to fix someone else is a good thing. But there are days that I realize that sometimes I also feel irritated. And then I have to let it go.

Annie

Annie