Friday, December 28, 2012

Self care

Came home after a meeting at a Buddhist center. I was feeling out of sorts and knew where to go for care-a meeting. Driving across town the beauty is that I knew a meeting would happen at a certain time and place whether I made it on time or not. This gives me great comfort knowing the rooms are there for me and anyone else. It has no requirements except a desire to stop drinking.

My friend N has been staying here for a few days. It's nice to have company in our home.
Friends can help fill in a place. She is in bad shape with her boyfriend as he has many girlfriends.
Stories are repeated over and over again. This repetition is exhausting. I learn self care and detachment.
Taking care means I don't have to listen to it.

Wow I am tired think it's time for sleep.
one step at a time


1 comment:

Syd said...

I get this. Taking care can happen in so many ways.

Annie

Annie