Saturday, January 19, 2013

Boundaries

Feeling more settled with my feelings tonight. Went to a meeting today which grounded me back into myself.
Being around my family I turn over my life to keep others happy and content. I have to take care of D first then from my well I can give to others.

Setting boundaries is hard for me I feel guilty taking care of myself. They are here for 3 weeks beforehand I talked to my brother letting him know this was a long time. We agreed they would stay in a hotel after a week. After our trip to Yosemite my mom and brother checked into a hotel nearby. I slept well for the first time in a week, they wake up at 3:30 A pounding around making coffee and chatting. Really 3:30 A is too early for most folks but this is what they do. I then asked them to put a coffee pot downstairs so we wouldnt hear them first thing in the morning. They didn't like this and shamed me for asking to get my needs met.
My brother will try to shame me with poor behavior, this trip I try to choose to ignore it unless it just gets to be too much. It has gotten to be too much on a couple of occasions.

But there have been good moments to remember and I will try to keep this in my memory.

Boundaries are difficult for me to keep but I truly believe they are helping me.

Detaching with love

No comments:

Annie

Annie