Monday, February 28, 2011

Step 9

Sitting down in front of my computer after a great meeting. I truly get something out of every meeting I attend. They talked of Step 9 making amends. This was a mind altering experience for me. I worked the steps with a therapist who was in the program.

When I made amends to Y it was extremely difficult I was guilt ridden. When I did the footwork and turned the results over... my victim character defect had its foundation shaken up. I was also a victimizer. The see saw of character defects victim - victimizer.

They also mentioned putting ourselves at the top of the list. I feel odd thinking of making amends to myself for the wrongs I did. Learning to take care of myself one day at a time.
I took care of others at my expense, but then I expected them to care for me. It was a no win situation...full of resentments for desert.
Taking responsibility for my precious life is freeing. This is a revolutionary act learning to help make the world a better place.

"Most of the shadows of this life are caused my standing in one's own sunshine"
Emerson

1 comment:

Syd said...

Making amends comes when it feels right within myself. I have to be at peace within and ready to change my behavior. I did put myself at the top of the list and then also made amends to my HP.

Annie

Annie