Thursday, January 27, 2011

Rest

This week we received news of our brother in laws passing. He had a very serious drug problem paired with a very public job. Peoples lives were put in his hands. I remember once going into my in laws bathroom, blood was splattered over the mirror from his last injection.
My sister in law acted like nothing unusual was happening. The dinner party went on and she shined up the mirror. She assured me he was not an addict. I used to push her to wake up to his addiction. Alanon has helped me to keep the focus on myself.

He died from his addictive behavior. After major back surgery two days later he was back at work.
This choice he made was insanity at it's peak. His work is at hospitals where he contracted a staph infection that took him down.

Loving and caring for an addict is difficult, many times I felt ashamed of his behavior.
His addiction had a strong hold and it did not let go for one second.

Rest in Peace dear I
Tonight and always

Grateful
I have a program that will always be there for me
HP is there for the world and it's people
My life is a gift i choose to live it to the best of my ability










1 comment:

Syd said...

I am very sorry. I wish that there had been a different outcome based on sobriety and life.

Annie

Annie