Monday, January 24, 2011

Grateful

Worked hard today and also enjoyed my meditation meeting. I have trouble trusting groups so it has taken me a while to feel safe at the Zen Center. I am not alone with
this feeling of not being a joiner many people in the program also experience the disconnect with groups. For some reason I didn't feel like running out right after the meeting ended but stayed for fellowship. Why this shift happened I am not sure. I don't have to know the reason but can stay in some gratitude tonight.

The share was on the fourth step. Learning through the steps how to love and appreciate my life is rewarding in so many ways.

I have also committed to studying Buddhism deeper with a teacher. L has been in recovery for over twenty five years and a Buddhist since 1975. Studying Buddhism did not keep her sober though she needed a program. I had asked her to be my sponsor and was declined. I did not give up it took another year so I asked again recently she agreed. Our first book to study is Pema Chodron's No Time to Loose.

Grateful
HP has given me many gifts tonight i am enjoying this moment

1 comment:

Syd said...

It sounds as if you are finding a balance between Buddhism and program. That is great.

Annie

Annie