Sunday, January 9, 2011

Detach with Love

Detaching with Love
When I began to work the program in all my affairs my life changes, changed and is changing. I sometimes don't understand it all but HP has a plan I dont have to figure it out.
Recently I had a spat with my business partner. I felt my care taking of others was surrendering my serenity. E had asked for a personal favor during work hours and a resentment began to brew.
I felt anger brew within me but I continued to do the favor despite my feelings. When I arrived at the office I was angry at myself for not speaking up and my business partner for asking this favor of me. I brought up my discomfort. A fight between us took place. She left the room slamming the door but not before she informed me we would not talk further on this issue. I then informed her i would talk further on this issue if it was needed. My having to say no is not going to be comfortable to everyone.
I left the office but it wasnt like in the past when I would go into a shame spiral. The whirl I would spin into I thought of myself as God and I failed. I should control everything in the universe and would fail again and again. The disease of Alanon is progressive and I feel gratitude that I am in the rooms. Even when I cant show up for myself the program will be there for me.

In some ways my detailing the event brings up anger again. But I am able to detach from her and the event with Love.
This is a huge shift in my life. The other person doesn't have to be wrong and I don't have to build up resentments toward an avalanche when I cant speak up for myself.
Detaching with Love is responding with choice not anxiety to the situation.

Prayer is also a good tool I can use to help me with difficult situations. Praying for the well being of others during the day keeps me out of the victim role.

God meets me where I am ..If I am just willing Hp will come to me.

Grateful
1. The Program
2. For my willingness to work the program
3. Ability to laugh at myself










1 comment:

Syd said...

Not reacting with anger and having restraint of tongue has been a hard one for me. I realize that I can simply keep quiet and not spew my fear on others. Great post.

Annie

Annie