Monday, September 27, 2010

There by my side

It was an incredible day today the sun was sparkling on the ocean. I asked a friend to help me paint my bathroom. I paid her a good rate and helped to keep it moving. The walking up and down my stairs really wore me out. When she asked for more paint I told her it was downstairs. I let her go and get some of the supplies.

As the day progressed she made a couple of comments that disturbed me. These remarks were sexist and to top it all off she used her religion to justify her remards. I have kept silent in the past but today I had enough I told her that I didn't feel this way. I didnt feel myself leaving my body as I would in the past but kept present.
It is a form of lying if i don't speak up. I also know she is a racist but yet I try to focus on her good qualities. What can I do to show up for myself in this situation?
I am not responsible for her views but I have a choice in this matter. My choice is to think about how I will deal with being around her in the future.
This saddens me she has good qualities that are clouded over by her bad behavior.

I can turn this over to god tonight and I dont support her views.
Gratitude
HP is there by my side

1 comment:

Syd said...

I also speak my truth. I simply say that I have the right to my opinion also and if we don't agree, then I let it go. I can't force my views on another nor do they have the right to force their views on me. We just may agree to disagree. Glad that you turned it over.

Annie

Annie